- Chairman's Comment - May 2013 31 May 2013
- Emerging Markets (GAP Contributor Gathering May) 24 May 2013
- Chairman's Comment - April 2013 2 May 2013
How We Do It
The complexity of geopolitics does not lend itself to off-the-shelf solutions or a 'house view'.
Gatehouse designs the appropriate expert team and type of exchange independently for each client and each instruction because every intelligence project is unique.
Our structure, expertise and reach enable us to cover a broad range of issues from a local, regional or global perspective. The most robust judgements for a particular commercial issue require insight with appropriate context at all three of these levels.
Our core services are:
Assessing the degree and sources of geopolitical understanding in a large multinational can be overwhelming.
Equally, in smaller businesses, as geopolitics becomes an important part of the corporate agenda, it is difficult to know where to start and how to source appropriate advice.
Gatehouse applies its experience and deep understanding of businesses using typical sources and systems information to help new clients to establish how the contextual environment is best incorporated in to the fabric of the business and the decision making process.
Gatehouse will test what current processes exist and suggest ways of how to structure information to avoid organisational bias. We then advise on the best framework to either incorporate what already exists, or, create a new platform that works with existing processes.
We work with clients on an advisory basis across the spectrum of geopolitical and business needs. Examples of areas we most often work with clients are:
- Crisis: In difficult circumstances we provide instant support from trusted senior sources who have navigated similar issues before.
- Diversification and new opportunities: We provide specialised and specific advice for a region, jurisdiction or current affairs theme, with a particular eye on new opportunities.
- Strategy Planning: We work with strategy and planning teams to support and create systematic frameworks and well-informed, long term decision making.
- Managing Risk: Understanding the nuances in global developments that affect your organisation is critical. We will objectively assess the 'premium' of your organisation's geopolitical risk.
We provide quantitative and qualitative services on an ongoing basis to keep clients up-to-date on areas or themes they need to monitor.
Corporate Events and Professional Development:
The Gatehouse Partners are passionate promoters of geopolitical understanding and spend significant time creating and supporting programmes that develop in-house capability and professional development. Our team also regularly speaks at high profile client and senior leadership events.